Funding Sources

Therapy can be privately funded, your child may also be entitled to funding via the Adoption Support Fund (ASF), the Local Authority, Direct Payments or Charities.


Private Funded Therapy

Clients are able to self-refer to our service and pay for assessments/services/therapy on a private basis.



Education Health and Care Plan (EHCP)


An EHCP may be put in place for your child if their needs cannot be met through the special educational needs support (age up to 25). Parents, school staff or healthcare professionals can request an EHCP application be commenced. Our assessment report can be used as supporting evidence or help identify the need for a request to be made.*

your child has an EHCP in place containing Occupational Therapy as part of the provision we are able to offer this service.

The Adoption Support Fund

This fund is a Government-led initiative to pay for specialist assessments and therapy services for adopted children (up to age 21). The first step if you feel your child would benefit from our Occupational Therapy; Sensory Integration and Attachment and Trauma analysis package is to contact your child’s social worker and request a local authority assessment of your child’s needs. Following this, if your child’s social worker identifies that your child would benefit from an assessment they can contact us to make a referral and place an application with the Adoption Support Fund.

*Please see our post adoption support pages for more information.

Further information can be accessed here:

Private Health Insurance

If your private health insurance provider covers Occupational Therapy or Ayres Sensory Integration Therapy, we would be happy to work with them. We advise that you obtain written confirmation that the insurer will cover the therapy required before going ahead with the provision.

Charity Funding

From time to time, families are able to access charity funding to contribute to their child’s therapy costs.

The following are just a few of the other possible funding sources available to access for a child requiring Occupational Therapy input:

  • Pupil premium

  • Higher needs funding

  • EHC Personal budgets


Occupational Therapy Support to Schools

We offer external support to schools, and work in collaboration with the school to ensure that all their needs are met.

A school could require OT support for a variety of reasons, such as:

  • meeting an individual child’s EHCP requirements

  • offering assessments to support EHCP applications

  • offering regular input into the classrooms or running groups e.g. motor coordination, handwriting, sensory, fine motor, gross motor, regulation and sensory eating.


Occupational Therapists address the physical, cognitive, psychosocial and sensory components of occupational performance. Within schools the focus is on academics, play and leisure, social participation, self-care skills (ADLs or Activities of Daily Living), and transitions. Our Occupational Therapists are able to assess and develop programmes to meet the children’s needs, and train Teaching Assistants to implement these.

© 2019 by The Creative OT